Dalston Parish Council Fishing Permits
Fishing permits can be purchased to fish in the River Caldew from the Girder White Bridge to Hawksdale Bridge.
- The permit shall be issued only after the production of a current National Rivers Authority Licence to fish for trout only with single rod and line.
- The permit shall not be transferable.
- The annual close season shall be observed.
- No natural or artificial minnow or other spinning bait shall be used.
- All trout caught of a size less than eight inches (200mm) shall be returned to the water without injury.
- The permit shall be produced on request to a Police Officer, River Bailiff, Officer or Member of the Parish Council or other person who produces a like permit.
Fishing Permits can be purchased from:
Dalston Post Office
2-4 Vicars Cottages
Dalston CA5 7LW
Schedule of charges
Fishing Permit for the river Caldew (for use between The White Bridge and Hawksdale Bridge):
Resident’s season permit : £10.00
Resident’s season permit – Junior (under 16): £5.00
Visitor’s daily permit: £5.00
Visitor’s daily permit – Junior (under 16): £2.50
Visitor’s weekly permit: £10.00
Visitor’s weekly permit – Junior (under16): £5.00